Buko Coconut Jam

Last year I tested out the Buko coconut water, which I really liked and now Buko have released their line of coconut jam...yes, coconut jam. I didn't know what to expect but I love coconut so I wanted to give them a go.

I have the *Buko Organic Coconut Jam (£4.55, 330g) in the chocolate flavour, original and naturally sweet with sea salt. The coconut jam is naturally sweet 100% organic, gluten free, Non GMO and preservative free.

The *Buko Organic Coconut Jam with Chocolate was the one I wanted to try the most and I pretty much instantly loved it. It looks like chocolate spread but it has the consistency of solid coconut oil and it tastes like a melted country bar (but not quite as chocolatey or super sweet). While writing this post I've already made quite a dent in it...oops.

Next up the *Buko Organic Coconut Jam with Sea Salt which is almost as moreish and delicious as the chocolate one. It has the same solid coconut oil texture which I like but I think if you're not used to it then it will be a little unusual. I've been using a small amount on toast and I'm thinking of ways to incorporate it into recipes and baking - I think it would be great as a binding agent for homemade granola.

Lastly, the *Buko Organic Coconut Jam - Original; sadly it's my least favourite probably because it isn't quite as sweet as the other two flavours. Overall, I'm really happy with the sea salt and chocolate flavours and I'm quite surprised at how much I like them! Overall rating: ★★★★☆, 4/5.

Have you tried any of the Buko coconut jams? Would you try them?



No comments